This position serves as a member of the Sales leadership team and is responsible for leading a variety of sales operational functions that contribute to commercial growth in the area of sales planning and tracking, data analysis, forecasting, trade investment optimization, product launch execution, price increase recommendations and talent development.
The positon will lead a staff of Sales Planning Managers, Administrators and Analysts which contribute analytics, sales support and strategy development and execution to all of the USA sales teams as well as serving as the voice of Sales into all WD-40 internal customers.
The individual in this role will work functionally across Sales and Marketing to lead teams in the sharing of best practices, insights, and performance in order to drive in topline sales and bottom-line profit.
Sales Planning, Analysis & Operations
Development & Learning (Commercial Academy)
• Able to develop maintain a working knowledge of key trade channels including a comprehensive understanding of customers key contacts, marketing strategies, distribution and go-to-market promotional program
• Ability to work cross functionally with other groups such as Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance, etc.
• Extensive knowledge of Trade Marketing, trade customer investment, and ROI analysis in order to assess and recommend investment option
• Able to gather, analyze and interpret sales data, and then translate into recommendations for commercial strategies.
• Ability to think critically and come up with creative problem solving strategies
• Proficiency regarding: numeric calculations in forecasting, margin estimation, P&L development, audit, analysis, trends, research and compilation tasks
• Proven knowledge of how to apply methods, tools and principles to develop new channels and grow existing channels
• Skilled at project management techniques in the leadership, stakeholder management and delivery of projects
• Ability to work effectively with sales professionals and leaders to establish effective trade marketing programs and to respond to customer needs
• Knowledge and experience with lead flow management and CRM systems; very experienced and knowledgeable in the selection and application of CRM systems, and able to teach others how to effectively employ them
•Strong leadership and influence skills
At WD-40 Company we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our “why” is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do. We solve problems. We make things work smoothly. We create opportunities. How we achieve our “why” is by cultivating a tribal culture through learning, teaching and living our values.
Since 1953, our formulation remains a secret. It is no secret that our passion for our people, culture, and brands is what distinguishes us. WD-40 Company has best-in-class products and we seek best-in-class talent.
Why You Should Apply
We’ve Got You Covered
Our competitive and comprehensive benefits package provide you and your family with extensive protection and security, along with quality, life-enhancing programs to include; profit sharing, annual cash incentive reward potential for everyone, tuition reimbursement, 401K matching, short day Fridays and much more!
Do You Align With Our Values?
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search!